Head Cold Natural Remedies
This is the list of items I keep in my medicine cabinet in case I, or someone I care about, catches a cold. I have found it to be very helpful to have all of these items on hand so at the first sign of a sore throat or sniffles I can begin to use these supplements and protocols to help my body fight off the germs as fast as possible. I have witnessed natural medicine working much faster and more efficiently than over the counter symptom suppressing drugs!
All of these items and how to use them were taught to me by Naturopathic Doctors.
1. Organic Elder Berry Extract: http://amzn.to/1qVicMH
2. Organic Throat Coat Tea: http://amzn.to/1qViKSG
3. Nasal Colloidal Silver Spray: http://amzn.to/1qViZ0g
4. OLBAS (For steam inhalation and NOT for bathing): http://amzn.to/2448hqf
5. Neti Pod Kit: http://amzn.to/1qVk7Rw
6. For the 90 Essential Nutrients, Killer Biotic and the essential oil blends (1st Defence and To Be Well) Visit http://takeyoursupplements.com
Chat with a True Health Coach. They will help you order the right supplements for you!
These tips are what I have gathered from several top holistic doctors. When you need to boost your immune system:
Avoid sugar, including grains, fruit and juice.
Increase healthy protein, like eggs, free-range chicken, beef and broth.
Eat more leafy green veggies
Avoid processed food. If it comes in a package and has ingredients you don’t recognise as organic, don’t eat it.
Or put another way, if it is a plant, eat it. If it comes from a (manufacturing) plant…Don’t eat it.
Immune Boosting Activities:
Cold Wet Socks:
1. Drench your cotton socks in cold water or yarrow tea then stick them in the freezer.
2. Take a very hot bath or shower for 20 minutes. Feel free to add the Youngevity essential oil blends I mentioned above in your bath. Ten drops should work.
3. Take the now frozen wet socks and put them on your toasty warm feet and cover the wet cotton socks with dry wool socks.
4. Keep both pairs of socks on and go to bed. When you wake up your feet will be warm and you’ll feel a lot better than you did the night before.
5. Repeat the wet sock treatment for three nights in a row for best results.
Neti Pot (Nasal Irrigation):
Follow instructions that come with your Neti Pot.
Essential Oil Steam Inhaler:
1. Boil water
2. Remove from heat and pour the water into a large bowl.
3. Add 2 drops of Olbas essential oil.
4. Cover your head and the bowl with a large bath towel
5. Place your face above the bowl and far enough away so the steam doesn’t burn you.
6. Inhale the hot steam for 3 minutes.
7. Add another 2 or 3 drops and repeat until the water has cooled down.
8. Repeat several times a day. Follow up with a neti pot, blowing your nose and then colloidal silver nasal spray.